Two, then three of us.
Practically 33% of the total amount of Brightys living in Switzerland were united in a single place with a single goal: Fish!!
But: that’s another story….
The whole event wouldn’t have been a post worth if it hadn’t been for the last 5 minutes…
- yours truly, our eldest and DBW standing in front of the parking ticket machine
- said machine requires exactly CHF 1.50 in exchange for our release
- I managed to scrape up CHF 1.30 from the depths of my wallet
- knowing that DBW stole all my remaining change in order to finance Sarah’s next lunch I turn to her with a “knowing” smile
- DBW shrugs her shoulders and explains that she NEVER carries her wallet around when I’m around (figures: no driving license, private chauffeur, who happens to own a couple of credit cards.. what a Life….) Anyway..
- We turn to Sarah who, as usual, is broke.
- CHF 0,20
- Basically nothing.
- If you’ve got it.
- At that precise moment, Sarah delivers us from our impending misery with a
“Oh: I might just happen to have some change at the bottom of my bag”
- And proceeds to empty said bag’s contents onto the floor and digs out, YES, a CHF 0,20 coin!!!!!!!!
Bless her! I love my kids. I REALLY do!
Note to self: reduce ROI expectations on Sarah by CHF 0,40.
And as Sarah was due to take the train home from Baden at approx 17:30, we decided to spare her the ride and offered her the unique possibility of being ferried home in style:
Moi: Meet us at 17:30 in the Manor food section, ok?
At 17:36 the unmistakable “Gangsta Paradise” ringtone brought my cell phone out of hibernation:
Sarah: Hey: were ARE you guys?
Moi: I dropped Mum off about 10 minutes ago before searching for a place to park; she should be there by now. Where are you?
Sarah: Oh: in the makeup department. Have to get a new eyeliner….
No further comment, your honour..
Somehow I always manage to make turn as red as a potato!
Would be quite amusing if it wasn’t so pathetic..
And it’s NOT a fake. Although the thread has since been deleted, it can still be retrieved from the cache.
Every year since 1976 the Goldberg family has taken a portrait photo of each family member on June 17th.
Fascinating! And, as mentioned in this thread’s title, something I wish we would have done ourselves!
And here they are: