My home team, Servette FC, a club I started supporting in 1978 when I was just 14 years old, folded today!
A team which had welcomed Martin Chivers and Rumenigge and was the only Swiss 1st division team to have never been relegated…..until today.
Cheers mates: I still be there; and even if my girls are FC Basel fans, I’ll keep clinging to the last root which binds me to Geneva.
Oh don’t we love civil responsability!
The following warnings are all real!
- A label on a baby stroller warns: â€œRemove child before folding
- A brass fishing lure with a three-pronged hook on the end warns: â€œHarmful if swallowed
- A household iron warns users: â€œNever iron clothes while they are being wornâ€
- A label on a hair dryer reads, â€œNever use hair dryer while sleepingâ€
- A warning on an electric drill made for carpenters cautions: â€œThis product not intended for use as a dental drill.â€
- The label on a bottle of drain cleaner warns: â€œIf you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.â€
- A smoke detector warns: â€œDo not use the Silence Feature in emergency situations. It will not extinguish a fire.â€
- A massage chair warns: â€œDO NOT use massage chair without clothing… and, Never force any body part into the backrest area while the rollers are moving.â€
- A cardboard car sunshield that keeps sun off the dashboard warns, â€œDo not drive with sunshield in placeâ€
- An â€œAim-n-Flameâ€ fireplace lighter cautions, â€œDo not use near fire, flame or sparksâ€
- A label on a hand-held massager advises consumers not to use â€œwhile sleeping or unconsciousâ€
- A 12-inch rack for storing compact disks warns: â€œDo not use as a ladder.â€
- A cartridge for a laser printer warns, â€œDo not eat tonerâ€
- A 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow warns: â€œNot intended for highway useâ€
- A can of self-defense pepper spray warns users: â€œMay irritate eyesâ€
- A warning on a pair of shin guards manufactured for bicyclists says: â€œShin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover.â€
- A snowblower warns: â€œDo not use snowthrower on roof.â€
- A dishwasher carries this warning: â€œDo not allow children to play in the dishwasher.â€
- A popular manufactured fireplace log warns: â€œCaution – Risk of Fireâ€
- A box of birthday cake candles says: â€œDO NOT use soft wax as ear plugs or for any other function that involves insertion into a body cavity.â€